＊Students shall take at least 15 hours of Mandarin courses per week to be considered official MSCC students.
＊After finishing Mandarin courses, a student can receive certification and chose to apply to an undergraduate or graduate program at Ming Chuan University.
＊Teachers will take attendance for every class period according to the class roster.
＊Students missing when roll is called will be marked absent for that hour.
＊Students who miss more than 120 hours of any class will not have any points credited to them for that class.
＊Students with session grades less than 70 points will not be eligible for an official certificate.
1. General information:
- Students are required to take 15 hours a week of Mandarin courses and sign the attendance record every day.
- Each semester will last for 12 weeks for a total of 180 learning hours. Final exam will be held at the end of each semester. Students with semester grades less than 70 points will not be eligible for certification. If the student's total attendance hours is less than 2/3 of total learning hours (120 hours), certificate & grading sheets won't be issued.
- MSCC students are required to take a placement test to determine language levels at the beginning of each semester
2. Make-up classes:
- Teachers shall take responsibility to make up classes canceled due to their personal reasons. However, no make up is required for those classes canceled due to teachers' official duty at MCU.
- No classes on national holidays or other holidays regulated by MCU, such as New Year Holiday, Tomb Sweeping Festival, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, and National Day, etc. Please refer to MCU academic schedule (calendar) for more details.
4. Suspended classes:
- Classes may be suspended according to MSCC staff orders if there is a typhoon, earthquake or other natural disasters; there are no make-ups for these classes.