＊Students shall take at least 15 hours of Mandarin courses per week to be considered official MSCC students.
＊After finishing Mandarin courses, a student can receive certification and chose to apply to undergraduate or graduate program in Ming Chuan University.
＊Teachers will take attendance for every class period according to the class rosters.
＊Students missing when roll is called will be marked absent for that hour.
＊Students who miss more than 120 hours of any classes will not have any points credited to them for that class.
＊Students with session grades less than 70 points will not be eligible for official certificate.
1. General information:
- Students are required to take 15 hours a week's Mandarin courses and sign the attendance record every day.
- Each semester will last for 12 weeks for total 180 learning hours. Final exam will be held at the end of each semester. Students with semester grades less than 70 points will not be eligible for certification. If the student's total attendance hours is less than 2/3 of total learning hours (120 hours), certificate & grading sheets won't be issued.
- MSCC students are required to join placement test to rearrange language levels when each semester begins.
2. Make-up classes:
- Teachers shall take responsibility to make-up classes canceled because of their personal reasons. However, there will be no make-up for those classes canceled due to teachers' official duty at MCU.
- No classes on national holidays or other holidays regulated by MCU. Such as New Year Holiday, Tomb Sweeping Festival, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, and National Day etc. Please refer to MCU academic schedule (calendar) for more details.
4. Suspended classes:
- Classes may be suspended according to MSCC staffs' orders if there is a typhoon, earthquake or other natural disasters; there are no make-ups for these classes.